One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-11-18 21:19:02

Anshin

Re: Noticed anything different since OHOL hit Steam?

MultiLife wrote:

Every time I have rolled the darkest skinned character, there has been a racist...

I think that wouldn't be such a problem if there was more than one black character. Brown and white characters have six characters each (if you consider ginger a mutation) which means there needs to be three black women and two more black men added to be on par with everyone else. It would also be nice to see a ginger man, and maybe an albino couple as well for super rare mutations. Again, this could be vastly speeded up with a genetics system.

Also, roll back the iron nerf please. The new people are obviously frustrated when they can't actually craft anything because resources are next to impossible to find. Requiring old pros with mods to fetch iron all the time is bad game play.

Beyond that I'm sick of the sound of constantly suiciding babies. Maybe make it less... rusty sounding? A tiny gasp of air as they expire would be nice and subtle without giving them too much attention.

I do like to see all the wonderfully populated servers, and I love all the chaos of discovery they bring. smile

#27 2018-11-18 21:55:09

tana

Anshin wrote:
MultiLife wrote:

Every time I have rolled the darkest skinned character, there has been a racist...

I think that wouldn't be such a problem if there was more than one black character.

Doubt it, when the game started there was only brown and white characters and there was already racism going on, ppl killing all brown babies and calling them bad names if they couldn't kill.

But I agree... still waiting for Black eve and ginger boy lol
although I seem to remember Jason saying something like ultimately having 40 or 60 different characters... not sure about number though.

Last edited by tana (2018-11-18 21:56:35)

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#28 2018-11-18 22:15:23

Lily

Honestly I don't see much difference. Some will say things are harder but that is basically true every time a lot of people join, or Jason does some big nerf(which he does a lot). Assuming the new steam players didn't join, all the cities probably would of collapsed due to the iron nerf anyway, and everyone would be complaining about that instead(which many still are).

Already the skill level seems to be back up to a decent level. Might take a bit longer to recover from the iron nerf than normal since there is a lot of new players, but that will get sort out too.

#29 2018-11-19 02:09:47

Monolith_Rans

The word HOW is probably the most spoken word right now.  I like that.  I wish was born into families with last names and at least three ponds but what can you do? It will get better.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

Board footer