One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-08-19 23:14:32

MuffinGamys

Re: griefer story and plea for peace

Just like my son said there was tons of weapons laying around. I had 3 knives but the rest I left on the ground. I'd walk past knives, arrows, bows but no one did a thing. 2 out of those 20 tried to kill us, the rest kept worshipping the fucking tracks. The only person out of 20 who healed anyone was me.. I didn't even have to dirty the pads or nothing since they just stood there when we killed them all.

My last name as Eve is always Wolf. You'll find me playing with the plebs or in a gen run. Game on mah dudes.

#27 2018-08-19 23:25:08

I am Pharo

I removed both of the doors being blocked by uncle graves so both of those rooms are usable again. Also left a - key in both cities so any of the chests/doors can be opened (Except the goose house and the southern left hand building as they have fresh locks by someone else.)

I also have two spare - keys hidden and an B + C key waiting to be turned to - keys. Things are looking up as long as people take care of the city.

Tarr, do you know how to make a skeleton key the "Key = ?" 
I saw one on the house locked up north,  I went to claim the key after the keyholder was attacked by a bear, the bear but starved getting the loot.   

You can remove marked graves?  With what, a pickaxe or chisel?

#28 2018-08-19 23:36:08

Tarr
Banned

I am Pharo wrote:

Tarr, do you know how to make a skeleton key the "Key = ?" 
I saw one on the house locked up north,  I went to claim the key after the keyholder was attacked by a bear, the bear but starved getting the loot.   

You can remove marked graves?  With what, a pickaxe or chisel?

The ? Key is a blanked key aka a - key. Whenever the server resets all locks and keys are changed from their normal letter to a - key and lock respectively. You can remove these just as you would a normal lock should you have a spare - key lying around.

You can always make more duplicate - keys in two ways: You either take a - key + steel blade blank and file it or you can leave normal keys out until the server eventually resets and defaults all the keys in game to the - state.

For the uncle graves I just teleported a child inside the room and had them open the door from the other side. Once the door was open I went inside and shut the door then removed it with a flint. As long as people do not put doors back in their place the rooms are usable, and should someone put a door back up I'll just teleport a child in again and remove the lock/open the door.

You can't remove the uncle graves but with a little bit of knowledge you can just get around them.

fug it’s Tarr.

#29 2018-08-20 14:54:33

karltown_veteran

People keep complaining that the curse system “isn’t working”... maybe we just aren’t using it right.

1) Don’t feed a baby that’s not yours. Especially if it doesn’t say “f”. Not your baby? Not your problem.

2) Be a responsible parent. Don’t feed a baby until they say “f”. Don’t call babies “Reaper” or “Evil” or they’ll take it to heart. Also don’t mistreat your baby or call it dingleberry. Happened to me and I ran.

3) Cursed toddler? Say they’ll mend their ways? They aren’t evil? That’s the trick of a griefer. Whatever they did to make ten people hate them, they’ll do in your town as well.

4) Want to raise a cursed baby as a “problem child” and a “poor thing”? Think if you take care of this violent baby it will change its ways? Spoiler alert: it won’t. It will just think you’re an idiot and grief as it likes.

5) Use the curse system wisely! Don’t waste on someone who killed your idle daughter. Maybe it’s not a great thing to do but that person isn’t a griefer. Curse the real, nasty griefers that are anywhere and everywhere, and encourage others to do the same. Better yet, kill them.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

Board footer