One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-08-27 05:07:06

boggers

Re: Anti Grief Ideas

"curse you" curses the closest unnamed player.

The shorter text also makes this more accessible to children.

"curse x[tab][tab]" auto-completes and cycles through names of recently encountered players beginning with x, ignoring name length for age purposes.

#27 2018-08-27 05:59:21

sanchez

All this talk about murdering type of grief.

Make all items behind trees visible ty pls

#28 2018-08-27 06:18:19

MissE
New User

Just turn off the ability to kill another player with any item.  Seems pretty simple to me.

If someone is griefing in other ways, ie killing all the sheep, hiding the tools, cussing people out etc, then use the 'curse' against them, but make it so that ANY PLAYER of ANY AGE can use the curse tool.  If you are under 15 you often do not have enough space in the chat gump to actually name the player by the time you have typed 'curse xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx' long name you have run out. It is hopeless as it is.

It should be 'curse' then click on the player to insert their name into the chat.  Having to make sure you spell the name correctly and run around following the person while you work out their name spelling is just pure ludicrous.

We need knifes and bows and arrows, we DON'T NEED PLAYER KILLERS.

Anyways until this is implemented I am out.  Don't wanna play with a bunch of stupid morons with little dicks whose idea of fun is running around killing people who had not even spoken to them let alone done anything else.

#29 2018-08-27 06:40:33

Destrucity

Based on some of the things I’ve read from Jason and the moderators, I think griefing is a feature and not an unintended side effect of the mechanics. They want there to be people who try to destroy villages or murder just for fun. So I wouldn’t expect any of that to change.

#30 2018-08-27 06:43:10

boggers

A question for anyone who has had black text... Does doing the tutorial count as played hours that reduce your curse?

If it does and I were cursed, I'd just go practice making knives more efficiently until it wore off.

Board footer