One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-06-06 09:10:59

YAHG

Re: Dark secret: the murder rate is 16%

When there is nothing useful to do people are gonna make interesting things happen.

Watering bushes over and over and over and over with zero effort involved makes raising
babies effortless and thus pointless. At that point we are just in a bad chat room with weird
message limits.

Murdering and gladiatoring etc make things interesting making it out like we are psychopathic
for stirring up a little fun is a BIT MUCH..

On a side note you can move the headstones around in those giant graveyards all the syrup
dispensers who bury everyone who was ever fucking alive ever...

Makes nice battle arenas.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#27 2018-06-06 09:31:51

Feldspar

YAHG wrote:

When there is nothing useful to do people are gonna make interesting things happen.

Watering bushes over and over and over and over with zero effort involved makes raising
babies effortless and thus pointless. At that point we are just in a bad chat room with weird
message limits.

Murdering and gladiatoring etc make things interesting making it out like we are psychopathic
for stirring up a little fun is a BIT MUCH..

On a side note you can move the headstones around in those giant graveyards all the syrup
dispensers who bury everyone who was ever fucking alive ever...

Makes nice battle arenas.

Not saying all killers are actual psychos- I can understand people who decide they want to rp mad kings or bandits for a life and I'm 100% for gladiator combats and crazy sacrificial cults big_smile

But you can't tell me the people whose only game play style is "kill and destroy entire village" don't have a few screws loose (or are just very young I guess). I mean where is the fun in it anyway? Broken game mechanics mean there's not even a challenge to it- just go and play a fps if you feel like shooting someone!

And I don't think it comes from straight up boredom anyway- I've been in my fair share of boring villages and have always found something interesting to do without resorting to ruining everyone else's day. As far as I can tell alot of these killers just seem to get a thrill from exerting power over other players.

Edit: Your graveyard gladiator arena sounds awesome!

Last edited by Feldspar (2018-06-06 09:32:53)

just here putting off doing my assignments

#28 2018-06-06 09:42:10

Potjeh

How many of murderers kill more than one victim? I bet it's like 90%. I understand that there are valid reasons to kill someone now and then, but there's never a valid reason to go on a killing spree. Yet the material cost of a single kill is the same as killing an entire village. Murder should cost something so there's a limit on how much of it you can do. Make the damn weapons break on murder already.

#29 2018-06-06 09:45:07

Christoffer
Website

Potjeh wrote:

How many of murderers kill more than one victim? I bet it's like 90%. I understand that there are valid reasons to kill someone now and then, but there's never a valid reason to go on a killing spree. Yet the material cost of a single kill is the same as killing an entire village. Murder should cost something so there's a limit on how much of it you can do. Make the damn weapons break on murder already.

+1 to murder weapons breaking.

#30 2018-06-06 11:32:08

iguane

Flintstone wrote:

+1 to murder weapons breaking.

It might also be interesting to be able to intentionally break a knife on a stone or break an arrow.

#31 2018-06-06 13:34:25

Tane

Potjeh wrote:

How many of murderers kill more than one victim? I bet it's like 90%.

Yep. Gotta admit, for the first time since I got the game I killed people, and a few. I was part of that 21%
After spawning in three starting villages where alot of us were murdered by one person when I finally spawned in town and uncle started killing people. I was a Murder, and so was he.
I think he died of old age. Straight after we got super over populated and none of the adults were leaving or supporting the farmers much. Most of the farmers were still naked while we got clothes at birth. I actually thought my sister who was wearing the crown was screwing around too so I got frustrated enough I killed her on my way to hunt a bear.
I realized I screwed up not long after she actually died when I saw her tools south, she was trying to farm something.
After that I kept trying to find caves, having no luck so thought I'd got back to see if anyone found any. When I came back there were even more kids and a couple of the adults kept asking to be killed, so I did. Two of them.
Eventually I found a cave, pissed the bear off, shot it and came back to town to make more arrows.
When I did I found someone wasting boards we needed for carts making a road to nowhere, tried to kill her, realised I became a bit of a serial killer then dropped the bow near her and let her kill me.
That was my first time killing people.

I bet if I just ranged around a village or town I could have picked off everyone that leaves town without being caught. That could've been 10 or 13 in town before anyone sees you to even retaliate.

#32 2018-06-06 15:26:13

breezeknight

@jasonrohrer

jasonrohrer wrote:

I just ran some stats on the lineage server.  If we count people who lived past age 20, the murder rate is a whopping 16.8%

Roughly 8000 murders out of 48000 people who lived past age 20.

For the last 24 hours, the murder rate for those over 20 was 21%.

Yikes!

This seems a little high to me, what do you think?

& there are not even all those murders included on babies, kids, teens & young mothers holding babies
i mean actual murders by attack, not "just" left for dead babies, those are a different story

& whom do you even ask ?
the only players left are those ready to accept cheap OHOL life & willing to kill in return
there are no peaceful players left, all fled, as IRL is happening in violent areas

i wrote meantime my negative review of OHOL
i didn't play the game since over a week
& i am not intending to play until substantial improvements are made about the victims

3 general suggestions from me, a non killer & a multiple victim :
1. empower victims (& i mean here, not to make them offenders themselves, ok)
2. make murder harder (no more easy kill with one click)
3. classic karma (killers respawn as animals, life span 10 minutes, killable)

- - -

#33 2018-06-06 15:45:58

TrustyWay

breezeknight wrote:

2. make murder harder (no more easy kill with one click)

- - -

Harder to kill people, harder to kill anyone just like the murderers.

I rather murderers than griefers that can't be counter. Why do people grief less and kill more ? Is that betger.

#34 2018-06-06 16:33:33

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Locking this thread, because it's based on incorrect data.

Real data is here:

http://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2000

Board footer