One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-05-30 20:42:16

YAHG

Re: Sad

august wrote:

Mates what are you on about I've played for over 100 hours and I've seen a handful of people getting killed, and I've been killed only once.

Are you the type of people who instantly suicide if they aren't born into the easy advanced civilization? Where they already have knives? Change your strategy, if it apparently doesn't work. Sometimes, civs are simply too crowded, sometimes, people are being carrot sponges. Maybe either of those were the case.

It does not make sense to me, in any case, that you would always want to stay in the same location. Move to a new place, if you find yourself in a way too big place. Evolutionary speaking, it's actually a great idea to spread your chances. Start a new town for example. Can't get griefed if there's no knife.

I'm telling anyone who keeps dying right now: It's not that hard to avoid! Change your strategy if it doesn't work!

Stop playing the blame game!

Yay! Forum baby <3 Hello

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#27 2018-05-31 00:32:37

breezeknight

YAHG wrote:

Deep pvp is good. I know Jason has said that it isn't a pvp game but he is just wrong.. if you CAN pvp is it pvp don't matter what the dev wants at that point wink now that you are in the pond it is better to swim than to say you arn't trying to get wet big_smile

it's even worse than an actual PvP
in an actual PvP both sides know there will be killings & the game is full with options to kill as well as to prevent being killed, to protect against being killed, to cure near death & the killing is not instantaneus with just one stroke, from 100% health to 0% & being booted out of the game

& as a game about killing is OHOL not interesting for me, already because i have to wait a long time to actually being able to kill, i have to play the game of stealth as well, if i want to kill by griefing additionally & the visuals are not attractive enough to grind through killing - that's why i don't kill in OHOL
also to enjoy killing in OHOL, a player has to get a kick out of killing helpless victims, i don't belong to that sort of players, i don't kick someone already lying on the floor, i am not a coward

i also don't understand Jason,
why does he introduce murder as gameplay option but neither gameplay consequences for doing so nor any of the mentioned protection options against being killed,
does he think players who play the usual 99% of games where killing is the objective, no matter if it's FPS or RTS or platformer or RPG or whatever genre, come to OHOL & play nice while given the option to kill ? without penalty ? lol

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-05-31 00:36:46)

#28 2018-05-31 00:50:31

Eclipciz

august wrote:

Mates what are you on about I've played for over 100 hours and I've seen a handful of people getting killed, and I've been killed only once.

Are you the type of people who instantly suicide if they aren't born into the easy advanced civilization? Where they already have knives? Change your strategy, if it apparently doesn't work. Sometimes, civs are simply too crowded, sometimes, people are being carrot sponges. Maybe either of those were the case.

It does not make sense to me, in any case, that you would always want to stay in the same location. Move to a new place, if you find yourself in a way too big place. Evolutionary speaking, it's actually a great idea to spread your chances. Start a new town for example. Can't get griefed if there's no knife.

I'm telling anyone who keeps dying right now: It's not that hard to avoid! Change your strategy if it doesn't work!

Threads like this are for fucking sheeple to gather and go against something that rarely ever happens because they think they get everytime, but they don't. They remember the time they got murdered but don't the random "good life" they had.

- Eclipciz

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

#29 2018-05-31 00:53:58

sc0rp

breezeknight wrote:

in an actual PvP both sides know there will be killings & the game is full with options to kill as well as to prevent being killed, to protect against being killed, to cure near death & the killing is not instantaneus with just one stroke, from 100% health to 0% & being booted out of the game

+1

I immensly enjoy games where the whole purpose is killing you opponents.  But those games have good balance.  If there were proper ways to deal with the griefers in game I wouldn't have any problem with them beeing around.  Complaining about them would be like complaining about rushes in Starcraft.  If you got rushed you just playing it wrong.  Scout, see what is coming, prepare, easily fend off and if the rusher doesn't quit a this point you, with all the advantage in economy, easily kill him in next 2 minutes. Easy win.

In OHOL: griefer is born into your settlement as your child, eats your food, uses you resources to make a bow, lures in a bear, and shoots fleeing people in the back. Any viable defense startegy for that?  It's early settlement.  If I start making bows and arrows for self defence instead of other usefull tools, I most likely starve before griefer shows up.

#30 2018-05-31 01:07:12

breezeknight

sc0rp wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

+1

I immensly enjoy games where the whole purpose is killing you opponents.  But those games have good balance.  If there were proper ways to deal with the griefers in game I wouldn't have any problem with them beeing around.  Complaining about them would be like complaining about rushes in Starcraft.  If you got rushed you just playing it wrong.  Scout, see what is coming, prepare, easily fend off and if the rusher doesn't quit a this point you, with all the advantage in economy, easily kill him in next 2 minutes. Easy win.

In OHOL: griefer is born into your settlement as your child, eats your food, uses you resources to make a bow, lures in a bear, and shoots fleeing people in the back. Any viable defense startegy for that?  It's early settlement.  If I start making bows and arrows for self defence instead of other usefull tools, I most likely starve before griefer shows up.

exactly

OHOL is highly imbalanced
it wants to be a peaceful game while it is made artificially hard & all protection not there while disruptive players have a free pass
not to give players options to protect themselves while killers & griefers have easy options to destroy is just a no-go
it's neither an openly violent game nor an actually peaceful game which makes it in fact extremely violent & unjust

btw, there is still another scenario to your story
you try to get a bow & arrows made, someone thinks you're the killer & points the actual killer towards you - you're dead, the killer chuckles & kills off everybody else lol

#31 2018-05-31 01:22:43

_______

august wrote:

Don't get angry at us because we don't to be Eve everytime. You do realize that we're eventually forced to make weapons to progress.

Carts makes supply runs way more efficient, You can bring back more stuff. But you need a sawblade to make wheels, for a sawblade you need a file. For the file you need a goose which you have to craft a bow to get.

Towns need to make Sheep asap. Once they have sheep they should make shears and a knife. The knife allows us to make 4 mutton pies per sheep, It's also good for killing runaway sheep.

Now, I know your to say "Oh but you hide weapons lol" but griefers still win. Now they can ruin the sheeppen and release all the sheep, If no one has a knife then they eat our carrots.

They could lure a bear into town, without bows and arrows we can't get rid of it.

PS: Don't throw stones from glass houses. You guys are ""Sheeple"' too. Eclip, You even admitted to killing a town because people on discord told you too.

#32 2018-05-31 01:58:47

Kerayne

sammoh wrote:

Snip

That sounds a like a great idea to be honest. As the game comes along and allows for more sustainability in settled regions, this system would allow for warfare between settlements or families, and make a civilization something to be cared for and protected. Naturally however, one guy with a sword and armor would still be able to take down an entire village, so perhaps you should make it so that those items can only be forged in pairs of two so that there is always another player that checks the balance. This wouldn't prevent an organized Discord troll duo of course, but it'd be a step to prevent a bored scrub from instagibbing everyone solo as easily.

#33 2018-05-31 02:12:34

Eclipciz

Kerayne wrote:
sammoh wrote:

Snip

That sounds a like a great idea to be honest. As the game comes along and allows for more sustainability in settled regions, this system would allow for warfare between settlements or families, and make a civilization something to be cared for and protected. Naturally however, one guy with a sword and armor would still be able to take down an entire village, so perhaps you should make it so that those items can only be forged in pairs of two so that there is always another player that checks the balance. This wouldn't prevent an organized Discord troll duo of course, but it'd be a step to prevent a bored scrub from instagibbing everyone solo as easily.

Items should only be forged in pairs, the knight wants to pay x2 for someone to watch over him. Okay, lol.

Ethical Killing
One Step One Life
One At A Time

#34 2018-05-31 08:10:15

breezeknight

Eclipciz wrote:

Threads like this are for fucking sheeple to gather and go against something that rarely ever happens because they think they get everytime, but they don't. They remember the time they got murdered but don't the random "good life" they had.

- Eclipciz

that's the spirit !!!

just insult your opponent party if you're out of intelligent & truthful argumentation lol

just brush over a described imbalance with generalized statements, this is the way !
tell them Eclipciz how wrong they are, insult them & tell them how right you are !

because you know it, if something occurs seldom that means it just doesn't occur at all - that's the logic to lead the way !
just swipe the injustice under the carpet & cover it with all the good moments those "fucking sheeple" have to remember, cause clearly you're right, the many good lives just outweigh the one injustice ! ... or two ... or three ... those "fucking sheeple" have to shut up while being led to slaughter

Board footer