One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-07-22 09:33:17

thecolorgreen

Re: Why "Five Years" isn't really "Five Years"

Shady wrote:

Nobody is learning life lessons from a game about civilization building.

Bless your soul if you're not learning them here, the real world's gonna fuck you up my dude

#27 2023-07-22 11:57:30

Shady
Banned

It's not just me who is suffering from this, it's also every dam person who has been cursed in donkey town and cannot get out.

I am Shady, I love exploring the internet.

#28 2023-07-22 14:34:10

Marquis

Laggy wrote:

So punish everyone that /died and was cursed for 5 years also?

I can understand if you think it’s unfair for a 90 day curse to be turned into a 5 year curse. But why do you feel it should turn into a 0 day curse?

#29 2023-07-22 14:45:36

Strilar

Shady wrote:

It's not just me who is suffering from this, it's also every dam person who has been cursed in donkey town and cannot get out.

They CAN get out, please read Jason's original post in detail.

If someone stays a long time in Donkey Town for a long time, it's not because of the 5 year thing but because they griefed a LOT of people and don't have a valid place to be born, if someone was just cursed by a person or two before the update, they will still have many valid places to be born in the world where they can behave, act like nice people and avoid getting cursed there too. Forgiveness can be achieved, but must be earned and deserved.

#30 2023-07-22 15:02:08

Shady
Banned

How about instead of five years one year.

#31 2023-07-22 16:13:56

squishysquid

Shady wrote:

How about instead of five years one year.

this style of negotiation works on your parents because they love you and want you to grow as a person. Strangers on the internet though, we like having sheep not shanked every time you spawn more, or whatever other weird stuff you've been up to lately.

#32 2023-07-22 16:22:53

Laggy

Marquis wrote:
Laggy wrote:

So punish everyone that /died and was cursed for 5 years also?

I can understand if you think it’s unfair for a 90 day curse to be turned into a 5 year curse. But why do you feel it should turn into a 0 day curse?

Because baby curses no longer exsist?

#33 2023-07-22 16:33:15

fug

Shady wrote:

Anyone who is constantly stuck there deserves it for pissing off so many people. Maybe you shouldn't have annoyed 120+ people. Why don't you go get your moms credit card and give Jason money instead of whining on the forums?

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#34 2023-07-22 17:07:47

Strilar

fug wrote:

Anyone who is constantly stuck there deserves it for pissing off so many people. Maybe you shouldn't have annoyed 120+ people.

Agreed, not only that but this player keeps annoying and being disrespectful to everyone here in the forums too. I believe this is a violation of the forum rules, but so far no moderator commented on it.

fug wrote:

Why don't you go get your moms credit card and give Jason money instead of whining on the forums?

Now this is uncalled for, i'm not defending him, but please don't feed the troll or lower to his level of rudeness, apparently you're a moderator here, so give the example and don't attack people. Player's age doesn't matter, his behavior and actions do. Don't discriminate others because of them being younger or older, different sex, country, etc.

There may be other young players who may feel afraid to reveal they are young because of this kind of speech, and telling young players to give the developer money is not nice either, neither to them nor to the community. Niceness tend to breed niceness, rudeness tent to breed rudeness. Break the cycle.

#35 2023-07-22 17:17:18

Laggy

Strilar wrote:
fug wrote:

Why don't you go get your moms credit card and give Jason money instead of whining on the forums?

Now this is uncalled for, i'm not defending him, but please don't feed the troll or lower to his level of rudeness, apparently you're a moderator here, so give the example and don't attack people. Player's age doesn't matter, his behavior and actions do. Don't discriminate others because of them being younger or older, different sex, country, etc.

Glad someone brought this up before me....

Jason Mods seem to be a little petty for some reason....

#36 2023-07-22 18:30:35

Marquis

Laggy wrote:

Now this is uncalled for, i'm not defending him, but please don't feed the troll or lower to his level of rudeness…

I’m not trying to be snide; Do you see your hypocrisy? Did you fire back on purpose? Strilar rightly pointed out fug’s derogatory remarks, then you added your own.

If we want to get our ideas across we need to stop muddying the waters with personal attacks. I understand that personal behaviors can be the subjects of these debates but piling on is a distraction and doesn’t add to the conversation.

#37 2023-07-22 21:15:30

Laggy

Marquis wrote:
Laggy wrote:

Now this is uncalled for, i'm not defending him, but please don't feed the troll or lower to his level of rudeness…

I’m not trying to be snide; Do you see your hypocrisy? Did you fire back on purpose? Strilar rightly pointed out fug’s derogatory remarks, then you added your own.

If we want to get our ideas across we need to stop muddying the waters with personal attacks. I understand that personal behaviors can be the subjects of these debates but piling on is a distraction and doesn’t add to the conversation.

Hey I am only honest.

Whats uncalled for about calling stuff how I see it?

Welcome to America where we don't sugar coat stuff.

Last edited by Laggy (2023-07-22 21:26:33)

#38 2023-07-22 23:06:13

Shady
Banned

ru wrote:
Laggy wrote:

Jason should have to make this whole curse thing known when someone buys the game.

Sorta shady how he has secret magic systems.

Also, I agree wtih Shady that the curses should be cleared because of this change.

Jason wants to change the rules of the game and make it proactive to appease a minority of players.

The Rule change should have automatically been a clearing of curses.

You changed all the rules Jason, now make it right.

No one should be cursed for 5 years after they /died to the wrong person.

The active curse totals were cleared a couple weeks ago due to a mistake. At that time, all of the main griefers were free from Donkey Town and you know what they did? They went on a wild griefing spree destroying towns, kidnapping babies, luring bears, dropping boars, killing people, and then they alternated to their alts once they started regaining curses. I think that was evidence enough that your suggestion is terrible.

I don't recall that happening and this was before the news that all curses would be here for five years. I think that the fact that everybody knows now that curses would last for five years would deter people from griefing in order to not lose their account for five years. (Responding to ru)

Last edited by Shady (2023-07-22 23:09:16)

#39 2023-07-22 23:08:22

Shady
Banned

The idea that the outcome of something previous would be exactly the same with a different variable introduced is downright stupid.
1 + A = 2 will always be A = 1 but when a different variable is added its bound to change.

#40 2023-07-22 23:25:50

mikeyreza

Shady is probably snickering behind his computer screen watching us argue with each other over whether we should be nice to him or not lol

Anyways, the community has no reason to trust you. Believe it or not, many people are still griefing even after this new 5 year curse time, so there really isn't a reason to believe that you'd play nicely after having your curses removed (to put it in your own terms, there is no reason to believe that the value of 'A' will change, since we've seen that it doesn't change in most cases). Besides that, you were cursed over 100 times, Shady. You annoyed literally over 100 separate, distinct people with their own thought processes and beliefs. You also wanted your own griefer hetuw, so to me it seems clear that you literally get nothing else from this game but satisfaction from ruining the progress of other players.

You keep repeating the same point -- "If I had known I'd be punished for 5 years, I wouldn't have griefed!" -- and you act as if that point is valid in any way. To me, it's completely moot because the curse system is not only a way of preventing griefers from griefing, it's a way of punishing them. Not to inflate your ego, but you're basically an OHOL war criminal. I wouldn't even blame Jason if he decided to ban an account like yours permanently.

You did a bad thing -- over 100 bad things, in fact -- so now you must face the consequences.

(P.S. You can get a job at 14 in most states in the US, so I don't see why you don't just get some of your own money and buy a new account. I don't even think that should be an option for griefers, but it would get you away from whining on the forums)

Pine panel walls no longer require one rope each!

#41 2023-07-23 00:45:30

Shady
Banned

I'd be forced to play nicely; I wouldn't be putting all this effort into trying to get back into the main game just to go back to griefing and get a five year ban again.

#42 2023-07-23 00:49:26

Shady
Banned

mikeyreza wrote:

Shady is probably snickering behind his computer screen watching us argue with each other over whether we should be nice to him or not lol

Anyways, the community has no reason to trust you. Believe it or not, many people are still griefing even after this new 5 year curse time, so there really isn't a reason to believe that you'd play nicely after having your curses removed (to put it in your own terms, there is no reason to believe that the value of 'A' will change, since we've seen that it doesn't change in most cases). Besides that, you were cursed over 100 times, Shady. You annoyed literally over 100 separate, distinct people with their own thought processes and beliefs. You also wanted your own griefer hetuw, so to me it seems clear that you literally get nothing else from this game but satisfaction from ruining the progress of other players.

You keep repeating the same point -- "If I had known I'd be punished for 5 years, I wouldn't have griefed!" -- and you act as if that point is valid in any way. To me, it's completely moot because the curse system is not only a way of preventing griefers from griefing, it's a way of punishing them. Not to inflate your ego, but you're basically an OHOL war criminal. I wouldn't even blame Jason if he decided to ban an account like yours permanently.

You did a bad thing -- over 100 bad things, in fact -- so now you must face the consequences.

(P.S. You can get a job at 14 in most states in the US, so I don't see why you don't just get some of your own money and buy a new account. I don't even think that should be an option for griefers, but it would get you away from whining on the forums)

I'm not wasting my money on a game. I'm not a one hour one life war criminal and I don't know what type of reality you're living in. Call me Mr. Krab's, but I'm not wasting a penny on a game with such utterly negligent and toxic people.

#43 2023-07-23 00:51:54

mikeyreza

...If this game about building a civilization with other people is full of "such utterly negligent and toxic people," then why do you want to play? Other than to destroy the progress and structures of those "such utterly negligent and toxic people" of course

Pine panel walls no longer require one rope each!

#44 2023-07-23 01:25:41

Tarr
Banned

>most cursed player
>everyone else is toxic.

Ok.

fug it’s Tarr.

#45 2023-07-23 02:19:05

Marquis

Laggy wrote:

Hey I am only honest.

Whats uncalled for about calling stuff how I see it?

Welcome to America where we don't sugar coat stuff.

I’m not hyper sensitive about critical language. I was making a parallelism. What I was saying was that you held fug to a standard but you didn’t hold yourself to the same standard.

This is the same pattern I think you have with the new curse system. You want the removal of CURSE MY BABY to be retroactive, but you don’t want the 5 year curse to be retroactive.

#46 2023-07-23 04:39:07

Shady
Banned

mikeyreza wrote:

...If this game about building a civilization with other people is full of "such utterly negligent and toxic people," then why do you want to play? Other than to destroy the progress and structures of those "such utterly negligent and toxic people" of course

Wow you must be some type of mind reader, I didn't know I was that predictable. You just missed the fact that
(I would get kicked out the main world for five years if I did that). You do not have to trust me to know the fact that if I grief again I'd be put into donkey town for five years. You can ignore that fact all you want but it still remains constant.

Last edited by Shady (2023-07-23 04:40:20)

#47 2023-07-23 04:44:59

Shady
Banned

Think of me doing this as an equivalent of trying to get my money back but not waiting five years to do so. You'd be pretty pissed if you'd lost 14 dollars to some random ass update.

#48 2023-07-23 04:50:02

Shady
Banned

mikeyreza wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about with the value of A will change. What I am talking about is this big update and its effect on all griefers, people are less likely to grief if they will be cursed for 5 years. I won't be playing this game when I'm 19, I'm sure some of the 132 of you would be. And I didn't annoy 100 distinct people, you heard of mass curseing, "OrDeR, CuRsE BLABLA Bla, The fact that you are willing to lie to get what you want out of an argument or debate is really showing.

Last edited by Shady (2023-07-23 04:52:25)

#49 2023-07-23 05:09:42

Shady
Banned

If I go on one of those little griefing sprees, you can just get ten towns to curse me or something like that.

#50 2023-07-23 05:49:33

fug

You already did the crime, now you get to do the time. Enjoy your five years worth of curses for annoying so many people maybe in the future you won't be such a rude dude.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

Board footer