One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-12-08 17:18:37

StrongForce

Re: Update: Legacy Chain

Hahaha true running out of food on the road is rip

tip leave the road dont keep following an hope the patch is not yet devoid of wild foods

Baby dance!!

#27 2020-12-09 02:41:55

ollj

a lot of road corpses are roadbuilders, diing at age 60

#28 2020-12-10 15:43:07

Spoonwood

Does reincarnation override getting an Eve spawn?  Like if it does, I don't see a problem if families could be self-dependent/independent.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#29 2020-12-10 17:21:02

Booklat1

fucking finally

won't make up for the fact that the game is racism simulator but getting over genetic scores and adding a lineage system is A MUCH better reward for survivability

#30 2020-12-10 18:16:23

ollj

oh "we" are still murdering black families in ohol left and right for no good reason

#31 2020-12-10 18:18:38

Berry High Priest

Booklat1 wrote:

fucking finally

won't make up for the fact that the game is racism simulator but getting over genetic scores and adding a lineage system is A MUCH better reward for survivability

yeah its hard to play when the entire town exiles you for enjoying some nice fresh purple berry balls.
It is a shame to see how a town can exile you as if you are a jew during the holocaust for simply enjoying the good things in life aka. berries. This game and humanity as a whole has a long way to go to defeat such practices as to discriminate against berry munchers. Today it maybe berry munchers but who will it be tomorrow. Also we need to stop the yummers planting bean farms (yuck!) they waste precious lebensraum for berries wich can create a blitzkrieg of productivity and the innovation needed to construct the wunderwaffen of this game.

To conclude, some people say it is hard to be yourself without getting discriminated in Trumps america(this goes for both ways of the political spectrum) well try to be a berry muncher for a day and see how you live!

Last edited by Berry High Priest (2020-12-10 18:19:40)

Kind regards,
Your friendly gooseberry gentleman neighbor.

#32 2020-12-10 21:02:37

Spoonwood

Booklat1 wrote:

fucking finally

I agree.  The racism part is bad as it discriminated the characters who get imagined as people in some hypothetical future.  It also isn't workable with rebuilding from scratch in all situations as a trading system.  Lineages will die out at some time for one reason or another.  With some other lineage needing resources that means no getting at resources inaccessible to players restricted on the basis of their race since the required race doesn't exist.  Or it means having to go to an Eve or their children with some advanced transportation device.  Even if it were family instead of race, it would also still be bad, because it leads to an unfair game for players where since they can't effectively get at those resources in some situations.  I mean, you can't have a trading game without traders.  And throwing objects at an Eve camp because you need rubber, pretty much means that Eve camp isn't rebuilding from scratch so much.  Even worse, say your village ran out of kerosene when Gingers recently died out.  Then the new Ginger family would get advanced objects thrown at them to start drilling for oil asap or the Ginger family will go back to some dead town (which isn't rebuilding from scratch) or someone will scavenge from a dead town to get kerosene (again that is not rebuilding from scratch).

Danish Clinch.

#33 2020-12-12 21:49:42

StrongForce

Well rebuilding from scratch is after the apocalypse.
Go nuke the server then xD

Using this update a single player with 3 accounts could trigger it. Noone could get inside an ancient wall town and he could be reborn inside

Baby dance!!

#34 2020-12-12 22:16:00

Spoonwood

StongForce wrote:

Well rebuilding from scratch is after the apocalypse.

Rebuilding from scratch can *also* be after arc reset.  Also, if an Eve starts from nature, it's rebuilding from scratch for a bit, and I think still close enough if there's not too much thrown at the Eve village.

That sounds like a tricky way to trigger an apocalypse, but I suppose that's possible.

Twisted remarked on his YouTube video that he's really enjoyed this update.

Danish Clinch.

#35 2020-12-14 17:01:09

ConfandibulumFlakes

My daughter and I haven’t played in over a year.

When I told her about the legacy chain she was excited and we played again yesterday.

When we died before old age and couldn’t get into the legacy chain (or couldn’t figure out how to get into it) she lost interest again.

#36 2020-12-14 17:04:27

ConfandibulumFlakes

Also from the session I played with my daughter:

During our game, a black man and woman came into our town, and after hanging out a little, the man started killing people.

We couldn’t tell whether or not they were both in on it, because the woman seemed freaked out too, but because of the language barrier, we had no choice but to treat them both as enemies.

Last edited by ConfandibulumFlakes (2020-12-14 17:05:08)

#37 2020-12-14 19:41:44

Spoonwood

ConfandibulumFlakes wrote:

My daughter and I haven’t played in over a year.

When I told her about the legacy chain she was excited and we played again yesterday.

When we died before old age and couldn’t get into the legacy chain (or couldn’t figure out how to get into it) she lost interest again.

Yeah, in case Jason's post wasn't clear on this point, you have to live to 60 AND there has to exist a fertile female who is one of your descendants when you log in.

Danish Clinch.

#38 2020-12-15 00:50:46

Ruben

Great idea, but why not having a bit of both: Why tie it to reaching old age? New players reach old age fairly quickly, experienced players die to some bad luck, too.

It would make more sense to me that when you bury someone of any kind of family, to be reborn in said family: Same emotion for first timers, clear objective for veterans. I mean, over the span of a lifetime, there's no shortage on bones, right? Why yes, I am a fan of graveyards.

It would make for a fun eve challenge, too! Or maybe it's a good thing that Eves cannot be reborn again.

Last edited by Ruben (2020-12-15 00:55:54)

#39 2020-12-15 00:59:28

Spoonwood

Ruben wrote:

It would make for a fun eve challenge, too! Or maybe it's a good thing that Eves cannot be reborn again.

They can.  They can also get eaten by a bear as a baby after getting born to a mom on a horsecart.

Danish Clinch.

#40 2020-12-17 03:38:16

Spoonwood

NoTruePunk wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

The more I've talked to people on this, the more it seems that a button to disable this comes as necessary.  Killing oneself purposely to avoid this system is not a good solution, and probably the only reasonable one for male players (killing all of one's sisters, mother, and nieces might be difficult, even if achievable, and isn't playing for the sake of one's descendants also).  Not everyone will enjoy going out of one's band to avoid having children as female.  The game gets titled one hour one life.  This might encourage some players who don't want to get reborn into the same family by default to play 59 minutes one life or 55 minutes one life, instead of one hour one life.  A button to enable or disable this system seems much more desire able so that players who don't want it can still play one hour one life.

Just use /die

I played as a white Eve Spoon: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6897782

Next "real life", with the white Spoons still alive, I was Cory Hye: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6898821

What I did in between was go into the regular tutorial area, and then the solo challenge since one has to go through that afterwards (it's a bit quicker than the tutorial when using snake pits I think).  So, it looks like using /die isn't necessary to get born like normal.  One can just log into a tutorial area and that resets it.

I did use 'log in' each time, but I don't think using 'reborn' changes anything in this regard, though I could be wrong.

Edit: My leaderboard says I was in a tutorial area 4 times in between those lives, but it would seem strange if multiple trips to tutorial areas were needed.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-12-17 03:43:00)

Danish Clinch.

#41 2020-12-17 14:43:36

StrongForce

So your aim is to not ding your gene score and not get reborn

Baby dance!!

#42 2020-12-17 16:51:03

Spoonwood

StrongForce wrote:

So your aim is to not ding your gene score and not get reborn

Also, not to annoy people with /die bones.

Danish Clinch.

#43 2020-12-31 00:33:35

Spoonwood

jasonrohrer wrote:

For men, descendants are nieces, grand nieces, and so on, and in some cases, much-younger sisters.

I don't know what to call men having descendants this way other than to use the word "incest".  I mean if a man in the real world had a descendant in the real world via a sister or mother, I think we would suppose that incest occurred, or I suppose that inbreeding occurred if artificial insemination got used.

Danish Clinch.

Board footer