a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-12-05 14:40:50

Dodge

Re: Maps are dead content

NoTruePunk wrote:
JonySky wrote:
Dodge wrote:

You completely missed the point, they magically appear and give you directions which burries maps even deeper in the dead content grave, right next to planes and dogs havent seen those in a while.

and the trains, radios, cameras, war swords, Feast Table, wool clothes ...

Track carts, radios, cameras, cameras and feast tables still get use. War swords are a little pointless, but might come in handy later. Wool clothes are a bad choice of resources but I think it's OK to have bad resource sinks in the game, as it gives options to people learning. It's been a while but I have seen a plane or two in the current arc.

I hate dogs, but that doesn't stop people from making them.

Maps serve a specific purpose that nothing else in the game can do. There's player made waystones, but those require maps. Maps are just fine

pepe.jpg

#27 2020-12-05 15:50:56

Spoonwood

NoTruePunk wrote:

Maps serve a specific purpose that nothing else in the game can do. There's player made waystones, but those require maps. Maps are just fine

I forgot about maps getting used there.  I've mentioned the town Mushroom Gorge elsewhere, which existed only about 2 weeks ago: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … p?id=10284  That town got named on a waystone.  I saw a town just this morning with a written waystone by the main fire and one can see such for their self at about 1:49:44 here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/826405532.  That implies the use of a map also.  And I have seen quite a few towns named via waystones in the past month implying the use of maps. 

The naming (or renaming) of a town is a part of it's culture.  Culture is part of civilization building.

Jason, Dodge's Pepe emote is merely a way to try to emotionally manipulate yourself and others.  His claim about maps being dead content is  plain wrong, and players are likely to name towns via maps in the future. 

Also, as pointed out by Coconut Fruit elsewhere, more than one village per family is possible https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 14#p103914.  I can also say that I remember someone had set up a satellite camp outside of Mushroom Gorge with a shallow well, pies, some clothes, and boxes.  Twisted even shows that place for a bit at about 10:30 here in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoVrwOF9k-s&t=1136s

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#28 2020-12-05 17:48:56

Dodge

Oh they used a waystone as a cheap way to name a town instead of making a sign, this changes everything!!!

My bad i didn't know, now maps have found they true purpose, being used as a discount way to name towns via waystone, so great... truly the pinnacle of it's potential.

In case i didn't make it clear enough in my previous posts, pretty sure i did but some people be like they be, when i say "maps are dead content" i mean it in the sense of their intended use to navigate directions and find poi's and not to name towns or have a pretty blue piece of paper to decorate a grave.

#29 2020-12-05 17:50:20

Dodge

If you think posting emotes is a way to emotionnally manipulate people you must be really insecure.

#30 2020-12-05 17:55:16

DestinyCall

Be nice, Dodge.

#31 2020-12-05 17:55:28

Spoonwood

Dodge wrote:

If you think posting emotes is a way to emotionnally manipulate people you must be really insecure.

I think that calling someone "really insecure" usually signals an attempt to emotionally manipulate someone.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#32 2020-12-05 18:31:05

Dodge

Spoonwood wrote:
Dodge wrote:

I think that calling someone "really insecure" usually signals an attempt to emotionally manipulate someone.

It's not manipulation it's what i genuinly think when i read your response.

Manipulation would be to achieve a specific goal by certain means like using deceptive or untruthful statements, also constantly using big words like these gets old, they should be used for acts that really justify to be called this way, otherwise pretty much everyone is manipulative if you ever lied once in your life in order to get something or get out of a situation, you manipulated them into thinking something erroneous.

#33 2020-12-05 21:48:03

NoTruePunk

Dodge and spoon are both getting out of line here...

Spoon, it's unreasonable and inciteful to accuse dodge of being manipulative just for posting a meme. Dodge was expressing himself in a way he knows how, and in an acceptable way I think.

Dodge, it's not ok to resort to personal attacks. You're just stooping to his level if you call spoon insecure.

Board footer