One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2020-11-25 19:26:47

Spoonwood
Member
Registered: 2019-02-06
Posts: 3,773

Re: Your first grief?

DiscradedSlinky wrote:

This is what she said to me. Rude and assuming I am talking to her.

I sure do see a lot of comments by her and you back to back.

Offline

#52 2020-11-25 19:30:42

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker
From: Discord
Registered: 2019-05-06
Posts: 600

Re: Your first grief?

Spoonwood wrote:
DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Yes that's all the stuff I said out of context. You really got me there.

I checked and all of those comments are in chronological order.  You spoke correctly in that people need to take responsibility for their actions.    Sure, most griefers are children.  But, telling someone to grow up isn't likely to work unless you have their respect.  I might be able to tell Milkman to grow up and take responsibility for his actions, since I'm old enough to be his real life father, and maybe I got some respect from him when he played low pop and wasn't, at least, griefing in his own snow village and invited people to a wine party.  I doubt such would work though.

You also kept on with that message.  In a discussion like this, people are likely to assume that you were responding to the last comment, not writing a moral injunction to the crowd.  So, when Cantface starts talking, I can see how she takes the impression that you were talking to her.  The context here kind of establishes that you end up talking to individuals.  Also, from what I recall of reading what cantface has said before, it seems that she's probably about your age Slinky.  You aren't old enough to be her mom or aunt, and even if you were, you aren't.

Unless I really missed something, she didn't ask for your advice.  I say this as someone who gives advice rather frequently, and think it's often the better way to go on some things.  But, I do realize that unwanted advice correctly gets recognized as patronizing.  That doesn't mean Cantface made a good choice by calling out your behavior there.  Unwanted "help" is just someone putting pressure on someone else, when that someone else doesn't want it.  Maybe that person would be better off by being more open-minded about suggestions or tips from others.  But, in the end, that's their call to make.

Also Slinky, seriously, what's with the clown face here?  I'm not going to say that you were toxic, because that term is vague, but can't you see how the clown face here was unfriendly and unwelcoming after she asked/told you to stop?

I was never talking to cantface. I only addressed her after she replied to me.

Clown face was cause her reply to mine was OUTRAGEOUS. That you can take as me being toxic and that's fine. Seriously though, way too much drama here over dumb misunderstandings. If I was telling cantface to grow up I would've quoted her. I didn't even read the thread before my first addition to it because I was just coming to tell griefers something I believe.

I'm done talking in this thread. Christ.


I'm Slinky. I /blush. I also don't read essays.

Offline

#53 2020-11-25 20:18:45

jord1990
Moderator
Registered: 2018-03-03
Posts: 185

Re: Your first grief?

I understand that discussions get heated, as some people are very passionate about their way of playing the game. this is fine and acceptable.

Where I draw the line however is when people start pointing towards other people ie, making rude comments, being disrespectful or anything else that can be taken as "not nice" crossing this line is what will get you a temp ban at the very least.

This whole thread is a mess so take this a general warning for all whom it applies too. Stop attacking other users because I will crackdown on it. If your response to a perceived attack is to attack back I will ban all parties involved in the back and forth. So for your own sake be the bigger person and let the other people be.

Thanks in advance

Offline

#54 2020-11-25 21:22:02

karltown_veteran
Member
Registered: 2018-04-15
Posts: 828

Re: Your first grief?

Slinky wtf stop being a jerk man


.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

Offline

#55 2020-11-25 21:43:00

jord1990
Moderator
Registered: 2018-03-03
Posts: 185

Re: Your first grief?

Made a post asking not to attack other users.... And the very first after that is just that.

I'm not kidding I'm cracking down on any shade being thrown from any side. Until everybody learns to get allong while having different opinions.

Offline

#56 2020-11-25 21:56:32

Eve Troll
Member
Registered: 2020-07-07
Posts: 224

Re: Your first grief?

There is a possibility they didnt read through the entire thread before that post. Bit of a drastic ban, especially when compared to other posts in the thread. Hopefully its a short one.

Offline

#57 2020-11-25 22:01:46

jord1990
Moderator
Registered: 2018-03-03
Posts: 185

Re: Your first grief?

It is a 1 day one, which I will start handing out liberally until people stop attacking each other each chance they get.

Offline

#58 2020-11-25 22:07:15

Eve Troll
Member
Registered: 2020-07-07
Posts: 224

Re: Your first grief?

Solid.

Offline

#59 2020-11-25 22:43:45

Spoonwood
Member
Registered: 2019-02-06
Posts: 3,773

Re: Your first grief?

PeaGirl wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Why would you start a thread like this?

Do not give attention to griefers. That's really fucked up.

Someone's seemingly rich in experience of griefers.
This is just to reminisce the good old times, when griefing wasn't as hard, or just to see what's different.
Besides, game doesn't exactly punish you so terribly for griefing, so I see no reason to call it fucked up,
nor I have much of sentient for stick figure players. It is long way to be impactful.

The game was NOT better in the old days, because player killing was easier.  In terms of interpersonal relations it was worse, because one had to be more suspicious of someone wanting to use a tool like a knife or a bow and arrow.  If your son asked you for a knife in the old days that you carried in your backpack, you'd sure as heck be smart to feel suspicious and ask them why they wanted the knife.  These days, if one would carry a knife and one's son asked for a knife, or a bow and arrow, sure they might abuse it.  But, there would be some warning of their intentions if you kept an eye on him.  Additionally, he might try to use the knife to kill someone and cause no more than annoyance which can get ignored, and if he's a lone wolf playing stabby-stabby, he may well get ignored.  And those tools have good uses, of course, like cutting bread, killing wolves, and killing bears, etc.  So much the better.

It ends up incorrect to say the old days were better in respect of interpersonal relations because of the ease of player killing, because of the concepts suggested by say the top of the page "a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building".  Or the steam advertisement:

"A multiplayer survival game of parenting and civilization building. Get born to another player as your mother. Live an entire life in one hour. Have babies of your own in the form of other players. Leave a legacy for the next generation as you help to rebuild civilization from scratch. Updated weekly."

When player killing wasn't as hard, the game worked out as further from what that implies than how things are now.

If you still want to claim the old days 'better', because player killing was easier, then you would do best to state the grounds for why you think such better.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-11-25 22:48:07)

Offline

#60 2020-11-25 23:12:29

Hailerm
Member
From: Third World Country :)
Registered: 2020-11-20
Posts: 36

Re: Your first grief?

PeaGirl wrote:

What was it like to grief?
Any motive for grief?
Also, did you get good/bad reaction from it? Was it worth the DT?

And, long last I'm back online after a while. This game feels lot different than it was back then.


as a griefer i will response all ur questions



Any motive for grief? is just for fun we are ppl like u and all the other ppl we make this game more fun... the ppl will get bored easily just farming and cooking
those people who call themselves anti-griefers they are a bullshit they want to make the game "better" but yeah they are right they are making the game better they dont like griefer and when they see someone they curse before they try to kill him/she and all the ppl in the town will come and join to the chase and sometimes eventually they kill the "griefer" and they all have fun doing that and they had some action in this boring game so that what the "griefers" do make this game more fun for all...


Also, did you get good/bad reaction from it? good, but is kinda annoying when u are not griefing the ppl who already know you curse you and tell all the others u are a "bad guy" but its okay thats the price you pay for a little fun in pass life..


Was it worth the DT? yeah, until the new update cuz now i cant make planes thats was the fun of dt atleast for me... everytime ik i will spend a long time in dt i start making clothes a little town saving the cords with hewtu (with the biomes) make the engine, the kero and the plane i spend a good time doing that by my own play alone and think what i will do when i come back from dt to the main area...


thats it :v

PD: JASON PUT THE FU*KIN* BIOMES BACK IN DT!!!


Engine Mastah

Offline

#61 2020-11-25 23:36:38

DestinyCall
Member
Registered: 2018-12-08
Posts: 4,108

Re: Your first grief?

Personally, I do not find it enjoyable to hunt down and curse or kill griefers.   It is an unpleasant chore, like taking out the trash.   Not a fun game, like playing tag.

I would much rather have you building planes and having fun in less destructive ways, instead of "spicing up" the game with unnecesasry drama.   I do not see the attraction of hurting other people and destroying their hard work.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2020-11-25 23:40:09)

Offline

#62 2020-11-25 23:39:57

BlueCramberry64
Member
Registered: 2020-03-31
Posts: 32

Re: Your first grief?

Spoonwood wrote:
PeaGirl wrote:

This is just to reminisce the good old times, when griefing wasn't as hard, or just to see what's different.

The game was NOT better in the old days, because player killing was easier... If you still want to claim the old days 'better', because player killing was easier, then you would do best to state the grounds for why you think such better.

Correct me if I am mistaken but the good old days is just an expression right? Could even be sarcastic (Prob not thou)... By the subtext, I don't think PeaGirl really meant it was better. But I could be wrong, English is not my first language hmm

Yeah, the "good" old days were hard. Paranioa was real, many times I got killed because people thought I was acting suspicious when in reality, I was just looking for potential griefers as well.  The current system is the best we have had to deal with griefers, and I am quite happy with it actually.

Offline

#63 2020-11-26 00:18:23

Spoonwood
Member
Registered: 2019-02-06
Posts: 3,773

Re: Your first grief?

hailerm wrote:

the ppl will get bored easily just farming and cooking ...

I get bored of hearing this lie, especially from people who won't farm or cook.  You're just prejudiced against those activities, and lack the creativity to make them fun.  I mean, what else can one surmise when one ridiculously claims that there's nothing to do in DonkeyTown, and won't even do those things when there's hardly anyone around to get in your way from doing them.

hailerm wrote:

... so that what the "griefers" do make this game more fun for all ...

Another falsehood.  And it's even worse in that it seems that you actually believe this one in spite of counter evidence.  You think people have more fun when they feel stressed out and try to stop you?  You went on a low pop server, and people weren't happy with your behavior.  You even said to someone, or it was your friend Rey, but I'm guessing it was you, "you are boring to kill".  You should have taken that as a clue that you were NOT making the game more fun for all.

Either that or you're straight up lying about why you did such.  And if so, then you've failed to answer the question meaningfully.

Offline

#64 2020-11-26 00:20:48

Spoonwood
Member
Registered: 2019-02-06
Posts: 3,773

Re: Your first grief?

Hailerm wrote:

Was it worth the DT? yeah, until the new update cuz now i cant make planes thats was the fun of dt atleast for me... everytime ik i will spend a long time in dt i start making clothes a little town saving the cords with hewtu (with the biomes) make the engine, the kero and the plane i spend a good time doing that by my own play alone and think what i will do when i come back from dt to the main area

Alright, on this one Hailerm knows he's lying.  He/she knows that other public servers exist than the one where he/she would end up in donkeytown.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-11-26 00:22:12)

Offline

#65 2020-11-26 00:59:41

Hailerm
Member
From: Third World Country :)
Registered: 2020-11-20
Posts: 36

Re: Your first grief?

Spoonwood wrote:
hailerm wrote:

the ppl will get bored easily just farming and cooking ...

I get bored of hearing this lie, especially from people who won't farm or cook.  You're just prejudiced against those activities, and lack the creativity to make them fun.  I mean, what else can one surmise when one ridiculously claims that there's nothing to do in DonkeyTown, and won't even do those things when there's hardly anyone around to get in your way from doing them.

hailerm wrote:

... so that what the "griefers" do make this game more fun for all ...

Another falsehood.  And it's even worse in that it seems that you actually believe this one in spite of counter evidence.  You think people have more fun when they feel stressed out and try to stop you?  You went on a low pop server, and people weren't happy with your behavior.  You even said to someone, or it was your friend Rey, but I'm guessing it was you, "you are boring to kill".  You should have taken that as a clue that you were NOT making the game more fun for all.

Either that or you're straight up lying about why you did such.  And if so, then you've failed to answer the question meaningfully.


"I get bored of hearing this lie, especially from people who won't farm or cook.  You're just prejudiced against those activities, and lack the creativity to make them fun.  I mean, what else can one surmise when one ridiculously claims that there's nothing to do in DonkeyTown, and won't even do those things when there's hardly anyone around to get in your way from doing them." - spoonwood

frist of all whats the fun of plant wheat - make flour - make dough - smash a rabbit/carrot/carrot-rabbit etc and make a pie or spend hours working on the farm ok at frist it could be fun in a eve town growing up but to be honest when u do that again AGAIN AND AGAIN the ppl get bored easily and go to others towns, grief etc and whats the point of farm and cook in DT if eventually u will loose all ur stuff cuz u cant save the cords in the biomes...


"Another falsehood.  And it's even worse in that it seems that you actually believe this one in spite of counter evidence.  You think people have more fun when they feel stressed out and try to stop you?  You went on a low pop server, and people weren't happy with your behavior.  You even said to someone, or it was your friend Rey, but I'm guessing it was you, "you are boring to kill".  You should have taken that as a clue that you were NOT making the game more fun for all."-spoonwood


the problem is u are an old granny who wants a peacefull town and everyone in harmony with not problems i can tell alot of ppl in this game are like u like the 25% or 30% but what happend with the other 70% - 75% percent of ppl they dont want to be all the time they spend playing ohol just sitting without some drama or chase "griefers" they dont want to be all the time having no problems the problem is u are a HIPPIE / PACIFIST BITCH thats ur problem and the other 30% of ppl like u


Engine Mastah

Offline

#66 2020-11-26 01:11:09

Spoonwood
Member
Registered: 2019-02-06
Posts: 3,773

Re: Your first grief?

Hailerm wrote:

frist of all whats the fun of plant wheat - make flour - make dough - smash a rabbit/carrot/carrot-rabbit etc and make a pie or spend hours working on the farm ok at frist it could be fun in a eve town growing up but to be honest when u do that again AGAIN AND AGAIN the ppl get bored easily and go to others towns, grief etc and whats the point of farm and cook in DT if eventually u will loose all ur stuff cuz u cant save the cords in the biomes

Again, you know about other public servers.  You don't have to accept the penalization of DT, because of that.  You'd start from the ground up, or could easily do so also.  I also don't find evidence of players getting bored from watching streams and then deciding to grief, because of that.

Hailerm wrote:

the problem is u are an old granny who wants a peacefull town ...

I'm a middle aged man.  There exist an abundance of problems with town organization, supplies for the town, and food from what I've seen.  Also, myself and others get to decide who we are.

Offline

#67 2020-11-26 02:17:24

PeaGirl
Member
From: Finland, Oulu
Registered: 2018-08-09
Posts: 335

Re: Your first grief?

Hailerm wrote:

the problem is u are an old granny who wants a peacefull town and everyone in harmony with not problems i can tell alot of ppl in this game are like u like the 25% or 30% but what happend with the other 70% - 75% percent of ppl they dont want to be all the time they spend playing ohol just sitting without some drama or chase "griefers" they dont want to be all the time having no problems the problem is u are a HIPPIE / PACIFIST BITCH thats ur problem and the other 30% of ppl like u

I understand your point, but calling names would be nice to avoid. You can be sarcastic, ironic, anything, but straight out calling names is rather dull.
You have understandable point, I remember being in DT for a short while, and it was pleasant being there on my own or with couple others and building a small 'ish' town for the contrary of being in a huge bundle of people, blocking on items that I might need, or flocking over in kitchen or in forge.
Times have though changed quite much, forges and kitchen are more well avoided for idle chatting, and griefing feels less needed when you can't make the populus lose pretty much anything except time. They've also given a lot of tech that is considerably interesting to try, also now when there is a map hack, you could even perhaps plan to make a structure in a shape of large penis or something. (Still yet to figure out when I'd do it.)


If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

Offline

#68 2020-11-26 02:32:20

Hailerm
Member
From: Third World Country :)
Registered: 2020-11-20
Posts: 36

Re: Your first grief?

Spoonwood wrote:
Hailerm wrote:

frist of all whats the fun of plant wheat - make flour - make dough - smash a rabbit/carrot/carrot-rabbit etc and make a pie or spend hours working on the farm ok at frist it could be fun in a eve town growing up but to be honest when u do that again AGAIN AND AGAIN the ppl get bored easily and go to others towns, grief etc and whats the point of farm and cook in DT if eventually u will loose all ur stuff cuz u cant save the cords in the biomes

Again, you know about other public servers.  You don't have to accept the penalization of DT, because of that.  You'd start from the ground up, or could easily do so also.  I also don't find evidence of players getting bored from watching streams and then deciding to grief, because of that.

Hailerm wrote:

the problem is u are an old granny who wants a peacefull town ...

I'm a middle aged man.  There exist an abundance of problems with town organization, supplies for the town, and food from what I've seen.  Also, myself and others get to decide who we are.





"Again, you know about other public servers.  You don't have to accept the penalization of DT, because of that.  You'd start from the ground up, or could easily do so also.  I also don't find evidence of players getting bored from watching streams and then deciding to grief, because of that."-spoonwood



The problem is i dont like to play alone ALL THE TIME atleast in dt i have a goal make a plane and go with the other ppl thats the fun thats why i liked to play in DT but now theres no point to play in DT atleast for me ...




"I'm a middle aged man.  There exist an abundance of problems with town organization, supplies for the town, and food from what I've seen.  Also, myself and others get to decide who we are"-spoonwood



I can tell u are old man in his 40s is so obvious but hey i didnt say u or others cant decide what can they do in their life but the problem is at frist u start cooking then u get bored of that then u start farming then work on the forge make engines, make roads, trade etc i do all those things in this game i was not a "griefer" i was the "good" guy but i get tired of that and then i start griefing and since the frist time i grief i knew i find my place in ohol...
even so knowing that many people would hate me, I went ahead and just as you choose what you want to be, I chose what I wanted to be and im happy with my decision...


Engine Mastah

Offline

#69 2020-11-26 03:49:50

Spoonwood
Member
Registered: 2019-02-06
Posts: 3,773

Re: Your first grief?

hailerm wrote:

The problem is i dont like to play alone ALL THE TIME atleast in dt i have a goal make a plane and go with the other ppl thats the fun thats why i liked to play in DT but now theres no point to play in DT atleast for me

Maybe you could use a bot to play with.

hailerm wrote:

I can tell u are old man in his 40s is so obvious but hey i didnt say u or others cant decide what can they do in their life but the problem is at frist u start cooking then u get bored of that then u start farming then work on the forge make engines, make roads, trade etc i do all those things in this game i was not a "griefer" i was the "good" guy but i get tired of that and then i start griefing and since the frist time i grief i knew i find my place in ohol...
even so knowing that many people would hate me, I went ahead and just as you choose what you want to be, I chose what I wanted to be and im happy with my decision

You complain about being in DonkeyTown, and are happy with your decision?  You said killing someone was boring, and you are happy with your decision?  You use swear words and get aggressive against a whole group of people you don't really know, and you're happy?  Emotions can be complex.  But, it still sounds like you're more unhappy than happy.

Offline

#70 2020-11-26 03:53:07

fug
Member
Registered: 2019-08-21
Posts: 1,004

Re: Your first grief?

This thread really should be closed tbh. All it boils down to is


reee acknowledge me grief

vs

reee why you grief.


Instead of reading and posting in a troll thread I recommend you just ignore them. It'll save you some time.


Worlds oldest SID baby.

Offline

#71 2020-11-26 04:28:14

Eve Troll
Member
Registered: 2020-07-07
Posts: 224

Re: Your first grief?

Yea, i agree fug. Couple of points though.

If griefers were 70% of players they wouldnt be the ones in donkeytown. On average i would say maybe 5-10% of players grief. Hard to gauge though since a lot of the time griefers are repeats and not different people. A plane in donkey town isnt going to do you any good. The distance is easily travelled in a lifetime by racecar. I also highly doubt oil is being pumped in donkeytown. I dont mind griefers who have a fair amount of respect for the game. As in actually trying to spice things up. Either by roleplaying or by doing minor griefs like letting *one* domestic boar in the kitchen. A little bit of salt goes a long way, but dumping the entire salt shaker on something makes it inedible. Destroying hundreds of hours of peoples' collective work isnt fun for them. Spicing up their experience is sure, but killing families, killing towns, packing up all their important late game resources and dumping them, is not fun. Its honestly just a spit in the face and only fun for folks who find gratification in doing that.

Last edited by Eve Troll (2020-11-26 04:36:11)

Offline

#72 2020-11-26 05:46:55

Hailerm
Member
From: Third World Country :)
Registered: 2020-11-20
Posts: 36

Re: Your first grief?

Spoonwood wrote:
hailerm wrote:

The problem is i dont like to play alone ALL THE TIME atleast in dt i have a goal make a plane and go with the other ppl thats the fun thats why i liked to play in DT but now theres no point to play in DT atleast for me

Maybe you could use a bot to play with.

hailerm wrote:

I can tell u are old man in his 40s is so obvious but hey i didnt say u or others cant decide what can they do in their life but the problem is at frist u start cooking then u get bored of that then u start farming then work on the forge make engines, make roads, trade etc i do all those things in this game i was not a "griefer" i was the "good" guy but i get tired of that and then i start griefing and since the frist time i grief i knew i find my place in ohol...
even so knowing that many people would hate me, I went ahead and just as you choose what you want to be, I chose what I wanted to be and im happy with my decision

You complain about being in DonkeyTown, and are happy with your decision?  You said killing someone was boring, and you are happy with your decision?  You use swear words and get aggressive against a whole group of people you don't really know, and you're happy?  Emotions can be complex.  But, it still sounds like you're more unhappy than happy.



"Maybe you could use a bot to play with."-spoonwood


if u dont have something to say just stfu ... and try to think a bit more old piece of shi*



"You complain about being in DonkeyTown, and are happy with your decision?  You said killing someone was boring, and you are happy with your decision?  You use swear words and get aggressive against a whole group of people you don't really know, and you're happy?  Emotions can be complex.  But, it still sounds like you're more unhappy than happy"-spoonwood



I never complained about being in donkey town i just say i want biomes back in donkey town so i can made planes and go up with the others and i never said kill someone is boring (in the game atleast, NOT REAL LIFE) and anyway, if I had said that, what does that have to do with happiness ??? and  yeah maybe i dont know that "group" of ppl and i didnt say the 70% of the game players was griefers i say the 70% like the "drama" and the "action" and maybe the 100% percent of the players will try to kill a griefer in town... and dude do you think you are a psychologist or something, you are trying to make me feel sad about my decisions in the game? dude fuck off u dont know who i am u just need to stufu i dont have more to say if u wanna say something more go ahead idk if this was a "battle" or something but if that was the case i think i won


Engine Mastah

Offline

#73 2020-11-26 06:12:43

Eve Troll
Member
Registered: 2020-07-07
Posts: 224

Re: Your first grief?

You're right, you won, we should just stufu.

Last edited by Eve Troll (2020-11-26 06:23:37)

Offline

#74 2020-11-26 06:25:42

DestinyCall
Member
Registered: 2018-12-08
Posts: 4,108

Re: Your first grief?

Why is this thread still open?

Offline

#75 2020-11-26 06:56:18

Hailerm
Member
From: Third World Country :)
Registered: 2020-11-20
Posts: 36

Re: Your first grief?

Eve Troll wrote:

You're right, you won, we should just stufu.



ok hippie bitch


Engine Mastah

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB